Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Testimony part 4

VERSE 24-25a:  “The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!”  He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided and all was calm.  “Where is your faith?”  He asked his disciples.
                This part of the story is called:  Who's my Master?
                I forgot verse 24.  Jesus is in the boat; I might as well wake Him up and let Him know that the boat is going down.  Yeah, yeah, I know who Jesus is – Lord of my life, savior and transformer of my parents’ lives.  The least I can do is let Him know I am sinking.  So I call Him, “Master, master a storm has come and I am going to die.”  I hand my master a bucket sheepishly, maybe you could help me bail, I have been working so hard.  Instead He says, “Peace be still,” and the storm obeys Him.  He turns to me wondering, where is my faith?  Here I have been wearing myself out trying to stay afloat when I had the Master in my boat.  I didn’t even wake Him up to include Him in my storm until I had no hope of survival, until I had done everything I could think to do in my own strength and was completely unsuccessful, then I woke the Master. 
                How silly, here I had seen Jesus work mightily in my parent’s life and in mine.  I had the Bible to teach me the power of God to part the red sea and flood the earth, but when my situation got stormy who did I run to?  Where was my faith? 
                I told God my fears and I stopped bailing my boat, after all Jesus was supposed to be in charge of my life in the first place.  Tell Jesus your fears but also have faith.  “Lord, take this situation and turn it around for your glory.  Nothing is a mistake for you because you command the storms; the winds and the waves obey you.  You are over every circumstance and nothing is beyond your repair.” 
                He said Peace be still and my soul was still.  When I look back at all the inner turmoil and striving it seems so silly, Jesus was in the boat; the master of all things was beside me and instead of asking for help I tried to manage the situation myself.  When I asked for help, in a moment He rescued me from my fear, insecurity and inner turmoil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment