Monday, January 16, 2012

Testimony - the final installment

VERSE 25b “In fear and amazement they asked one another, “Who is this?  He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him.”
                This part of the story is called:  Learning to expect a response
                When you respond to a situation with faith you can expect a response.  My soul was still; I could think and act more clearly.  I told a professor and a friend what was going on.  That lifted a huge burden off my shoulders.  I finished my classes as strongly as possible.  When my parents picked me up at the end of the semester, life seemed sweeter and this new challenge seemed doable.  Jesus was back in a leadership position where He should have been all along and He was calming my spiritual, emotional and physical storms every step of the way. 
                I went to a doctor when I got home and explained my diagnosis-it is odd to sit in a doctor’s office and tell them that you have cancer, it is usually the other way around.  She took more blood work to see what we were dealing with and she said she would call with the results and we would proceed from there.  A few days passed and she called to say my blood work was absolutely normal.  No lumps, no disease, who knows what happened, but I know a lesson was learned long before I was rediagnosed. 
                I learned to place my stormy situations in the hands of the master and things work out much smoother.  I learned to turn to the Jesus during the biggest storms.  God healed me physically and grew me spiritually.  Only God can take a scare like cancer and bring total peace. 
                Recognize Him as master and realize that if you accept Him as savior He is in the boat.  Ask Him for help with the faith to know He will bring peace to your circumstance.  Don’t expect the changes or journeys that Christ calls you to, to be without storms.  The storms will come, but how quickly will you recognize Christ as the Master of your life and your situation and run to Him amidst your struggles. 
                If you don’t know Christ as the Master, if He wouldn’t recognize you as His disciple, there is nothing to wait for.  He has called you to live life with someone else in the boat that controls everything.  If you feel like you are running off course, it is because you have been in charge for too long.  What a comfort to know that I can go life alone or I can welcome Jesus into my life and call Him master.  A burden will be lifted when you are not responsible for all your decisions and getting yourself through all of life’s storms.  He loves you and never intended you to struggle through life on your own.  This master wants to speak the words “Peace be still” over your life struggles.  He is just waiting for you to take your sin, anxiety and fear and lay them at His feet with enough faith to know that He can have the victory. 
Check out "Paul's Gospel" in my December blogs to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment