Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Seven Parts of the Mystery Part 2

If you did not read last week’s post I recommend it before moving on to this week’s.  A lot of material I went over last week will be useful as you wade through the next 3 parts of Paul’s mystery.
4.  The fourth piece of the mystery is that Israel will be hardened for a time.  Romans 11:25, “For I do not want you, brethren to be uninformed of this mystery, lest you be wise in your own estimation, that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.”  This truly is a mystery, I am not sure how this fits in with free will, but it is not the first time God has used this tactic to bring about His will (Exodus 7:3).  I also don’t know how many or how long it will take until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.  However, God has not forgotten about the nation of Israel, despite her rejection and disobedience He will provide a way for her salvation (see Revelation).  
5.  The fifth part of the mystery is the rapture of the church.  I Corinthians 15:51-52, “Behold, I tell you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed….”  Keep reading until the end of the chapter if you just need a little hope and encouragement.  Once again we see this is a mystery that was not revealed in ages past, but is now revealed to the church through Paul.  There are more details about the rapture in I Thessalonians.
6.  The sixth part of the mystery as taught by Paul is that believers are united with Christ through the church.  Ephesians 5: 29, 30, 32, “for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it just as Christ also does the church, because we are members of His body.  This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church.”  This passage is about marriage, but there is a great mystery hidden in this context.  We are members of Christ’s body and united with Him through the church.  I plan to go into this mystery in much more detail in later blogs so I will let it rest for now. 
Number 7 is coming next week and it is a doozy.  Thanks for reading and studying your Bible it is a true encouragement to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment